Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Paper Heart ~ Episode 1 ~ Running Away

Most kids eat breakfast in the morning. Some kids sleep it all away. But not me. I help my crazy mom pack 50 paintings into one U-Haul in one hour. I also say goodbye to my Manhattan home. But the worst part: I also leave the city... for Frankfurt, Kentucky. "Not another word, Charlie." My mom says. "It's a great place," My mom says. How wrong can one person be? How many times can one person be wrong in one day? My name is Charlie. Half an hour ago, I was just like you. At home, happy, saying good morning to the dog. Now, my mother, Teresa, my dog, Butch, and I are in a mini van. 50 miles per hour to Kentucky. I wore the latest outfit I bought last in Manhattan at Forever 21. A black mini skirt with a red zebra stripe tank top that goes great with my diamond necklace and golden hoops. My high heels kill my feet, though. We speed by New York, which no one, not even Butch, seems happy about, excluding my mother. "How can Frankfurt be so great? Who wants to live in a town that sounds like 'Frank Fart'?" I groan. Mom gives me that look. "My darling girl, please understand. New York is too much money, and money isn't in the cards for us. I got a great job offer in Frankfurt. It'll be nice. Rolling country sides, beautiful trees, and wonderful wildlife. Trust me." Butch gave me that sympathetic look I always gave him when he got his shots. Well, there was country, there was trees, and there was wildlife, I just wish somebody told me that the rolling country side was just hills ...

Recommend : Samsung SMXC20 TCP46S2 fitted bedspread Carry-On luggage queen size bedspreads

No comments:

Post a Comment