Wednesday, June 9, 2010

'Whitman's Daughter' by Yuyutsu Sharma apprehend by Shannon Kline at Bowery

Shannon Kline reading , 'Whitman's Daughter' at Yuyutsu Sharma Book Party! SATURDAY, JANUARY 23 (2010) 6:00 PM from new book, Space Cake, Amsterdam & Other Poems from Europe and America, Published by Howling Dog Press, Colorado Several fellow poets including George Wallace, David B Austell, William Seaton, Angela Peluso, Liza Wolsky, Robert Scotto, Russ Green, Jessica Slote, Sahadev and Regina Walker read the poems from the book. Whitmans Daughter Ive never seen anyone as sweet smelling as this girl. I told George. It was raining outside when I first saw her in the barn, Huntington, Walt Whitmans birthplace on the long islands, the udders of Lord Krishnas cows that he squeezed to fill his shiny buckets full with milk, honey and moonlight bruised lust and lethal longing spilling into the cosmic mouth wherein galaxies multiplied in long sleek blades of his catalogues throbbing like salmon in the sweet waters of the Cold Spring Harbor. Yes, it was raining when I again saw her in the crowded barn looking bar and next moment found myself up close as my withering skin to my soul. Lilacs bloomed outside and a small wooden cradle rocked by an empty bed in his house an endless count of the racing hours of my youth. Ive never seen anyone as sweet smelling as this girl, I leaned over and told George A perennial tree. This must be Whitmans own daughter Right then she turned around, and faced me and introduced herself, Hey, I know you! Werent we in the same train this evening? I saw ...

See Also : Vanity Table 108shopping Baby Birth Announcements metra dash kits

No comments:

Post a Comment