Monday, June 28, 2010

Some Secrets to Building a Dog Kennel With Dog Kennel Plans

I almost ended up in the dog house when I brought home an old stray dog that I just about hit when I was returning home from work one day. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I showed her what I had found. She finally agreed that I could keep the dog providing that it would be kept outside at all times. I agreed and set about looking for dog kennel plans on the internet.

I was amazed at the number of plans and options that were available for building houses for dogs. After spending a lot of time going through my options I finally settled on some plans that looked easy to build and with very little cash outlay for materials.

One thing that you need to consider when building the dog house is the size of the dog itself. You want to make sure that the dog will have an ample amount of room to stand up when the dog is in the house. You also want to make sure that doorway is large enough for him it get in and out of.

Depending on where you live you want to make sure that the floor of the dog house remain dry at all times and that you install some sort of a door that easy for the dog to go through. This is especially true for unfavorable climate conditions.

Materials are another important consideration. Pressure treated wood is out for any part of the dog house that the dog may come in contact with. Make sure that these areas have materials that will not harm the dog if it is a dog that tends to chew everything in sight.

You may also want to consider fencing in a good size run for the dog so he can get some exercise if left for long periods of time.

Thanks To : Snowcone Machine water shoes women

No comments:

Post a Comment