Friday, June 18, 2010

Dog House Plans - Do it Yourself

I couldn't believe the look on my wife's face when I brought home that poor old mutt. She wasn't very happy with me that day but I don't blame her since I just brought him home without even talking to her about it. After reasoning with her the dog began to grow on her and she agreed to keep him as long he stayed out of the house. I was feeling for him hard now that we was going to have to sleep outside. That's when I decided to look into some dog house plans and build my new buddy a shelter.

I was absolutely amazed at how many different designs there were for building a home for a pooch. With careful consideration I made a decision on which would be best. I then got my tools and materials together and began my new project.

If you're looking out for your dog and only want the best for him don't do a poor quality job. Take your time and put your care into the project. A sturdy frame built from descent rated material will hold up for a much longer period of time than something built in a hurry. Can you imagine what it would feel like to walk outside and see all of your hard work in ruins just because you didn't build it right? It is very important to make your structure sturdy and able to withstand years of what the planet may throw at it. It is recommended to pressure treat the material you use in order to make it last for years.

Dogs tend to have all sorts of different characteristics. There just like people in the fact that no two dogs are the same. So when building your doggy house take note of any bad habits the dog may have. Some dogs will chew anything and that may include a pressure treated dog house. If he's a chewer you may want to look into a different type of material that isn't coated in harmful chemicals. If your pet doesn't have this issue pressure treated wood is definitely the way to go, but not if it effects your pets health.

The seasons can also have a huge effect on your dog. It gets pretty cold in the winter time where I live so I plan on putting a few blankets in there to keep him warm for the cold season. Also if you live in an area where it gets really hot during the summer you should be sure that the dog can get plenty of air otherwise the temperatures could get really high turning that dog house into a doggy oven.

Related : Electric Cooktop Tile Back Splash Slate Tile samsonite luggage spinner portable dvd

No comments:

Post a Comment